Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Sony was in a great spot in 2015. The PlayStation 4 proved to be a hit when it launched in 2013, and now the publisher and its studios was ready to wow gamers with a stable of surprising and high-end titles. The timing for E3 2015 was perfect.
At the show, we got what may be the best E3 event ever. Sony gave us a look at the beautiful and epic Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End while showering viewers with surprises, including the resurrection of The Last Guardian and the reveal for Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Even six years later, it’s still a fun show to watch. So that’s what Jeff Grubb and I did. With the video above, you can watch along with us and listen to our commentary as marvel at Sony’s capability to master the E3 event.
It’ll make you wish that Sony wasn’t skipping out on this year’s E3.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties