Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
During today’s earnings report, Electronic Arts said that FIFA 21 has now reached over 25 million players.
FIFA 21 launched on October 9 for Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions followed in December. It also released for Stadia in March.
The soccer franchise is one of EA’s most important brands, along with its other major sports series, Madden. Thanks to annual releases, EA is able to count on FIFA selling well every year. And the Ultimate Team feature gives those players a reason to spend extra money as they buy card packs to improve their teams.
Speaking of Ultimate Team, EA notes that 16% more people are playing that mode compared to the same period last year. That means more potential people to spend money on digital player cards.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties